18V Charge Pump Question

negativefx
I'm planning on building a Triple Wreck and while I can do a charge pump, my power brick has some 18V outputs.  Can I just connect one of those up to the +9V on the board instead of a charge pump?  I'm going to use an 18V boost instead of the standard 9V one.

Re: 18V Charge Pump Question

Yes just take 18V to the board's 9V connection.  Remember that you will want to use at least 25V rated capacitors, and if you're adding the booster too, that apparently works better at 9V so you may want to add a 9V regulator to the booster board to knock the 18V down.

Re: 18V Charge Pump Question

negativefx
Ok sounds good.  Thanks!