27v Split n' Boost

Re: 27v Split n' Boost

GrooveChampion
Thanks man! I decided to contribute something for a change, trying to vero the Rolls Tiny Crossover
MAO

Re: 27v Split n' Boost

MAO
ok, got it working.

Not a clean fix, but doable. Need to add two 1M resistors and one cut.  (Also need to replace 1k with a capacitor as noted above)

Step 1:
Replace the 1k resistor with a 10n, 22n or 100n cap. (Larger for more bass response) I used 22n.

Step 2:
Add a 1M resistor across the top row between the 220n cap and jfet gate, and add a cut under the newly added 1M.  (see updated layout for reference)

Step 3: (the ugly part)
De-solder and lift the top leg of the uppermost 2u2 cap. Solder one end of another 1M resistor to the top row, between the jfet and the newly installed 1M (right next to the jfet would probably be best, I put mine next to the newly added 1M). Leave the other end of this 2nd 1M standing up in the air. Solder the lifted leg of the 2u2 to the standing leg of the 1M. Cover that solder joint with shrink tube or electrical tape.

That should do it.

If the effect sounds thin, you may also want to replace the 220n with a 2u2. (I didn't do this)

If this updated circuit works for you, I'll be glad to draw up a new/cleaner layout.

1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: 27v Split n' Boost

GrooveChampion
Will update, you are awesome Mao.

Re: 27v Split n' Boost

rens
Nice one, I would like to try this one with a (bass) rat clone. Where would I put the pot if I wanted to be able to control the blend?
I will wait for the latest schematic to be built though ;)
Can I use a J201 for the JFET?
12