2N5952 problem.

loupy31
This post was updated on .
Hi ,

I Recently ordered another batch of 2N5952's to do some matching, only to find a weird thing, the first batch of 10 had a pin arrangement  of G.D.S., the second batch had a pin arrangement of G.S.D.

Is this common or am I just unlucky to buy a faulty batch

Peter

ps. One other question, I have read most are talking about "negative" readings, I don't get that, what am I doing wrong, I have 2 matching circuits both "seem" to be working, but I don't get "-" sign,

Re: 2N5952 problem.

Beaker
I don't know about 2N5952 transistor, but it is fairly common with some transistors to have varying pinouts.

Here is an example: 2N2222 are usually EBC, but if it is labelled as a P2N2222, then the pinout is CBE.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ae/2N2222,_PN2222,_and_P2N2222_BJT_Pinout.jpg&imgrefurl=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2N2222&h=1166&w=1999&tbnid=K4pszSROqo7IhM:&zoom=1&docid=pR9D3fu4xPTYjM&ei=aZUMVey2MsPhasbBgYgL&tbm=isch&ved=0CDEQMygSMBI

Re: 2N5952 problem.

Unless you're using a bipolar power supply you won't have any negative voltages (unless it's a positive ground circuit).

To measure a negative voltage you will reverse your test probes (ie black to test point and red to ground)