3 Legged Dog

Chris60601
This post was updated on .
Here's something from ROG. I haven't verified this as of yet however, I will probably build it tonight. Would certainly appreciate any input (good or otherwise).

Cheers
Chris

Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: 3 Legged Dog

Ciaran Haslett
Hey Chris.

Looks like there's a few errors.  Gain 2 (labelled as 3) is connecting to pin 5 when it should connect to 6.  Theres also a 2m2 missing from pin 5.  That 47k on Volume 3 could go to pin 14 as its already linked to ground instead of spanning the whole board.

Re: 3 Legged Dog

Chris60601
This post was updated on .
Thank you sir, much obliged!
I moved Gain 2 over to the other side of the board (I think this should be Ok) and for the missing 2M2 - I have it extending beneath the IC with just allowing one leg to be longer than the other. Other adjustments made too.

I know this is a pretty basic circuit and my 2nd attempt at a schem to vero project. I'll get better at this, I promise

Cheers
Chris
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: 3 Legged Dog

Alex
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: 3 Legged Dog

Chris60601
This post was updated on .
Sweet! Smaller is gooder
Updated with v2. Thank you albru80!!

Cheers
Chris
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: 3 Legged Dog

Alex
No problem! Happy to help!

Re: 3 Legged Dog

Alex
Hi Chris.
Just checked the schematics and realized the Input is in the wrong place.
It should go like this:

Re: 3 Legged Dog

Chris60601
This post was updated on .
Ugh. How could I have missed this?!?!

I'll get this later on.

Cheers
Chris

EDIT: and now updated.
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: 3 Legged Dog

Frank_NH
Neat project.  I have a bunch of 4049UBEs so this is the kind of circuit I could use them up on.

A couple of thoughts.  This circuit is very similar to the "bounce" side of the ROG Double D overdrive (schematic) below.  I would consider adding some improvements from Double D to the Three Legged Dog (...giving us the D Dog! Heh. )

(1) 20K or 50K trimmer for the JFET.  The 8.2K drain resistor will only work if Idss and Vp are in a certain range for the J201 used (my JFET calculator indicates the drain resistance required will be in the 10K range for some typical Vp and Idss values).

(2) Small caps in the inverter feedback loops.  That should help tame the squealing reported for this circuit.

(3) Optional output buffer like Double D.

(4) Try different values for the 10uF source capacitor on the J201.  My experience in the past is that you get a big boost with a large cap value, but if it's too large the boosted bass frequencies can be too much.  Lower values can tame this effect - or you can put it on a switch as a "boost" option.

Re: 3 Legged Dog

Chris60601
Hey thanks Frank!
I'll give this a shot when I get past my epic fail phase