3 Way Pot

MAO

3 Way Pot

MAO
Not sure how useful this will be, but I had a guy ask me if there was a way to reduce a Delay control's range by 50% and also by 75%. He wanted to make the control easier to dial in specifc, shorter delay times.

I was able to achieve this using an DPDT on/on/on toggle switch and a dual pot at 1/2 the original pot's value.

And it also maintains the original pot taper for all 3 positions

Toggle In the up position puts the dual pot in series with itself for the original 100% full range.
Toggle in the middle shorts out 1/2 of the dual pot for the 50% range.
Toggle down places the dual pot in parallel with itself for the 25% range.

This only works when the circuit requires 2 lugs of the original pot to be hooked up (wired like a rheostat, lugs 1 & 2 or lugs 2 & 3)

Might be useful in a 2 lug gain pot circuit for 3 switchable levels of gain

1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: 3 Way Pot

bowanderror
Nice work, MAO! Definitely going to give this a go on my next delay build.