3 knobs 2 switches suggestion

Marbles
Hey Guys,

Weird question maybe, but.. I was building a friend an OCD with switchable diode (cause he wanted v4, yes, but I opted to have the diode switched in and out at least and make some other changes)

Anyways... The guy could get a good deal on an original, and stupidly enough I said; Yeah man, go for the original one, no biggie.

What i forgot is that I already drilled the enclosure haha. Too late to go back now, plus I'm making him something else.. So..

I have a drilled 3 knob enclosure, with room for 2 small switches. I can use that for another pedal ofcourse, but trying to decide which. I have already built the distortron (and love it!) so that's no option anymore.

So far I have found the Barber Gain Charger and the Wampler Paisley drive that have the same layout.

Anyone know some others? Just looking to expand my options!

Re: 3 knobs 2 switches suggestion

nocentelli
Wampler Velvet fuzz - mine has two switches, the original big/tight fuzz switch and a second one that bypasses the first stage altogether for a Plexidrive OD. I really like it.

Thats sounds awesome. I think I found a layout, but that's with 2 footswitches?
I have only got room for 2 spdt switches. Or did I not found the right one?

Both switches on the diagram can be toggle switches.

Re: 3 knobs 2 switches suggestion

Marbles
Thanks!
I tried fitting, but unfortunately not enough room for switches this big. Too bad.. But add this to my list. Totally forgot about this one.

Re: 3 knobs 2 switches suggestion

Emil
I was working on the MXR Envelope Filter in another thread and realized that the modded version includes three knobs and two switches. I haven't done a vero layout for the modded one, but there's a tonepad pcb which might be a better option anyway if your tight for space: http://tonepad.com/project.asp?id=4. It might be too big for you anyway though.

Re: 3 knobs 2 switches suggestion

Highsmith
Put a Crowther Prunes and Custard in there!

Re: 3 knobs 2 switches suggestion

Emil
Oh man, sorry to go slightly off-topic but that's going on my build list now! :).

Re: 3 knobs 2 switches suggestion

Marbles
Both interesting options. Though I prefer not to order a PCB..

The Prunes and Custard is interesting.. Have you built it? I have thought about it before, but was not super convinced by the demo's. I love weird sounds, but wonder if it's not too quirky to actually get used.

So demanding for a guy with a predrilled enlosure huh? BUt seriously though, how great is it?

Re: 3 knobs 2 switches suggestion

Mulekicker
How about the Sidescroller Fuzz by Freppo. Vero may be too big though.

Re: 3 knobs 2 switches suggestion

Highsmith
I did build the Prunes and Custard.

I even splurged on a sparkle enclosure to put it in.

It is very cool.

You can totally use it as a normal overdrive, mine only goes batshit at the more extreme settings.

Out of the 75 or so pedals I've built, it's definitely in the top 10.

Alright, you convinced me, thanks! :)
Prunes and Custard it is, thanks guys!

Right on, let me know how you like it.
gul

Another vote for P&C. Especially if you are a bass player. It's cool on guitar, too IMO but it's really special on bass.
MAO

Re: 3 knobs 2 switches suggestion

MAO
Check out the Barber Compact Direct Drive too...
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst