360 V.4 Bass Fuzz

boratto

Re: 360 V.4 Bass Fuzz UPDATED

johnk
This post was updated on .
I just drew it up today. I haven't verified it yet but i'm 99% sure that it's correct.

Houston, we have a problem!
my vero isn't working and i'm troubleshooting it right now, so don't build the vero that I posted until I repost a corrected one!

Re: 360 V.4 Bass Fuzz UPDATED

johnk
okay. I finally built up the vero. now I just need to wire it up to test it.

Re: 360 V.4 Bass Fuzz UPDATED

boratto
AMAZING WORK!

Re: 360 V.4 Bass Fuzz UPDATED

johnk
This post was updated on .
well, here's the verified vero of the Mossapotamus 360 Fuzz. IMO, this version sucks!
i'm going to draw up my own of the  Acoustic 360 fuzz from the actual vintage ACC 360 preamp, which IMO, sounds A LOT better than this modified version.

Re: 360 V.4 Bass Fuzz UPDATED

johnk
I drew up a VERIFIED vero that uses the exact Acoustic 360 preamp's Fuzz circuit, only in pedal form. in the amp, it runs off of the 25V power supply, but to run it on 9V, I replaced the 68K resistor with a 4K7. this one sounds just like the one in the amp. if you want to add a clean blend make IvIark's split & blend and mount both circuits in a pedal (they'll both fit in a 1590B). I prefer mine with the stock values for the 4K7 and 100K resistors (at the top of the layout), but you can socket them and adjust them to taste if you want to experiment.

here's the layout:

Re: 360 V.4 Bass Fuzz UPDATED

Heath
I wasn't going to build the Moosapaotodkflsdnslkb one, but seeing your layout here, I'm definitely putting it on my short list.

Re: 360 V.4 Bass Fuzz UPDATED

johnk
BTW, the 2N3391's are what acoustic used in the original 360 preamp, but just about any NPN with an HFE of around 325-375 will work fine, just mind the pinout.  my 2N3391's hfe's measure 350 each.
you can even substitute the germanium NPN 2N1306 with a 2N2222A and it still sounds good, although I used NOS original trannys in mine for authenticity.

Re: 360 V.4 Bass Fuzz UPDATED

boratto
WOW! I think this one can go to the contribution section!

Re: 360 V.4 Bass Fuzz UPDATED

johnk
since the viva analog version of the original 360 Fuzz (not the Moosapotamus one) also has a clean blend, I drew up another one of the the original 360 fuzz with an added clean blend.

I also found out it also sounds really good with a tone 'tilt' control so here's another version:

...and if you want one with all of the bells and whistles (my personal favorite), here's one with the clean blend AND tilt control:

Re: 360 V.4 Bass Fuzz UPDATED

johnk
just finished my super deluxe version of the original Acoustic 360 Fuzz (original 360 fuzz with, tilt, clean blend and a Jfet output booster. IMO, it's 1000X better than the Moosapotamus one, which IME. doesn't sound anything like the original.

Re: 360 V.4 Bass Fuzz UPDATED

boratto
John looks a masterpiece!

Re: 360 V.4 Bass Fuzz UPDATED

Manfre
Hi John, this fuzz looks amazing, thx for sharing it.
I've build the acoustic 360 fuzz with tilt and blend, but I cannot get it to work. Right now I'm testing transistors (I've got one 2N4401 and one AC187 that are the most near to 350hfe, also have 2n3904 that are near 250hfe) cause 2N3391 are imposible for me to find.
The problem is that I cant get but hum out of it, maybe is because of the 2 different transistors that I'm using? must be a pair of the same trannys?
The output of this pedal must be the pin 2 of the blend pot, right?
Hope someone can help me with this, I'm very exited with the world of DIY but the debugging time is kinda frustrating.

Re: 360 V.4 Bass Fuzz UPDATED

Manfre
:O It works amazing, with two 2n3904 and 2n2222a
Thanks man