3PDT duaghter board - UK

PMowdes

Re: 3PDT duaghter board - UK

Ciaran Haslett

Re: 3PDT duaghter board - UK

PMowdes

Thanks.

Is there any advantage to using a 2PDT with millennium bypass apart from cost?

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/pcb-dpdt-daughter-board-with-millenium.html

Re: 3PDT duaghter board - UK

Re: 3PDT duaghter board - UK

PMowdes
thanks again everyone.  Great site & community you got here.

Re: 3PDT duaghter board - UK

motterpaul
I actually bought some and found it easier to do without them - I found that when wires came off it was hard to get them re-attached, etc.  (especially if the wires come in from the bottom.) Plus - if you have a crowded case they can take up space.

I'm just saying it is not that hard to wire a foot switch once you have done it a few times.

Stingers are certainly more affordable than those, however.

Re: 3PDT duaghter board - UK

PMowdes wrote
Thanks.

Is there any advantage to using a 2PDT with millennium bypass apart from cost?

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/pcb-dpdt-daughter-board-with-millenium.html
Not really. 3PDT's used to be very expensive and hard to find. Now they're dirt cheap and easily available. A 2PDT plus the Millenium circuit will probably cost more than a 3PDT, but that may depend on where you live. It won't be long before they're considered mojo.

The only noticeable differences I've found between the two options are :
1. The X-wing DPDT's have a noticeably lighter action threshold (it takes less pressure to switch them). It felt surprisingly different the first time I used one, but was very easy to get used to. Now it feels kind of luxurious. (Seriously.)

2. The X-wings are also easier to melt in my experience. You should go very easy on the soldering time for both of them, though. (Don't hold the soldering iron to a lug for more than 1 second at a time, and let them cool down before you try again.)

/$0.02

Re: 3PDT duaghter board - UK

Muadzin
motterpaul wrote
I actually bought some and found it easier to do without them - I found that when wires came off it was hard to get them re-attached, etc.  (especially if the wires come in from the bottom.) Plus - if you have a crowded case they can take up space.

I'm just saying it is not that hard to wire a foot switch once you have done it a few times.
I don't get them either. It's like watching a weird cult or something like that, where everybody worships the Great Leader and you keep thinking what's the deal about that dork? What I hate most about them though is that if I want to reuse an old 3PDT wired the old fashioned way I just desolder the wires, a few hits on ye olde vacuum pump and you're good to go. With those boards you can basically throw the switch away if you want to reuse them for something else.

Re: 3PDT duaghter board - UK

Beaker
My thoughts exactly. I used one once - one of Fuzzdog's boards. Great board, no problems with it, but really not worth the effort in my opinion.