+/-40V power supply?

Blackboarcult
Does anybody know of a cheap and efficient way to power one of these bad boys? Must be Bipolar DC, +/-40V or close...

I don't care if it is a pre-build PSU, or a kit, or simply a schematic or layout for which I can source parts easily... So far Ebay did not return any results on my searches, maybe I'm using the wrong terms.

I saw that the Orange CR120 are powered by two of those, and thought they might sound better (or at least different) than our usual Class D poweramps...

Thanks in advance!

Re: +/-40V power supply?

glasspak73

Re: +/-40V power supply?

Blackboarcult
Thanks mate!
However, I'd need at least 100VA to power it at full capacity, plus I still need to build some kind of AC to DC regulator...

I spent a couple of hours last night doing some research, hope someone can tell me if I'm heading in the right direction:

Let's assume I purchase this Triad PT: https://www.mouser.es/datasheet/2/410/media-345943.pdf
It runs 56VCT, which would be around +/-28V at 2.3A, close to the needed voltage for the board.

Now let's also assume I build a regulator like the one below (which would be friggin' ideal since I intend to box either a GK250ML, Marshall Lead 30 or Orange CR120 together with the poweramp, all needing bipolar supply).

What values should I change on the circuit below to make it +/-38V-ish at the main bipolar output?

Additionally, I've read somewhere (probably a forum post by the mighty and ever-ubiquitous Teemuk) that regulating the DC with simple diodes to ground is a risky business at higher voltages. So is there any way to improve this in the aforementioned circuit?

I must confess til now all I cared about was the circuitry involving tone shaping, PSUs were just a little black box with a cable to which I plugged my stuff in order to make it work...

Re: +/-40V power supply?

Blackboarcult
I finally found a hell of a solution

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132664636898