7th heaven schematic and question

angeltone
Help needed

I have wired the potentiometers according to the layout diagram as 123 and 321 and have not come up with all pots working correctly.  I found a schematic for this pedal online and I have double checked it to the layout.  The only difference I see is that there is a 22k resistor going from Gain 1 to ground on the layout, but this resistor is not shown in the schematic (that I can see anyway).  Also, coming from the Presence pot there is an unlabeled capacitor that in the layout is a 3n3 that goes to ground.

According to the layout, the GAIN pot would be 321 working from top to bottom on the page on the schematic.  The TREBLE pot according to the layout is 321 as you can see the 470p capacitor connecting to TREBLE 3 as well as the 33k resistor and over to both 22n caps this also lines up with the schematic.  If this pot numbering is correct for the TREBLE pot the next thing you see on the layout is that TREBLE 2 connects to PRES 1 and VOL3.  So, due to this fact, the layout would lend you to believe that on the schematic the PRES Pot would be 123 working from top to bottom.   Here I have a question because in the schematic, it looks like what is considered PRES 1(from deduction above) and PRES 2 should be connected together, but they are not on the layout.  On the layout they have PRES 2 and PRES 3 connected together and running to the 3n3 cap to ground.  So I was wondering if PRES 1 and PRES 2 should be wired together with only PRES 3 going to the board?  Or how do we know if maybe the lug numbering on the schematic for the PRES pot isn't 321 from top to bottom?

Next we have the BASS pot.  According to the layout, BASS1 goes to MID 2&3.  So, looking at the schematic, the only way this could work would be if the BASS pot was 321 working from top to bottom on the schematic, because then you can see that Bass 1 would be connecting to MID 2 and 3, if the MID pot was numbered 321 from top down.  But if you look at the layout BASS 1, MID 2 and MID 3 wire tracks to the 22n cap which would make the Bass pot lugs on the schematic 123 from top down.

I guess my primary question would be: Can someone please double check the layout diagram pot wiring with this schematic? Can someone help me identify the lug numbering of all of the pots based on looking at the schematic and the layout.  From top down on the schematic can someone help me identify the lug numbering of the GAIN, TREBLE, BASS, MID, PRES and VOL.  I don't think they are all 123 top down or 321 top down, I also haven't had any luck wiring them up according to the layout.

I know this question is a little long, but I can't find anywhere how to  determine which pot lug is which based off of a schematic.  I read that Volume pots are straight forward as lug 1 goes to ground so I know that the Volume pot is 321 from top to bottom on the schematic and also that matches up with the layout.  All the others I don't know 321 or 123?

Re: 7th heaven schematic and question

angeltone