808 and zen

kirshman
I'm thinking about building a dual pedal with a 808 and zendrive in the same box.  Which one would you put first in the chain?

Re: 808 and zen

kirshman
I'm seeing guys putting a switch in their multi effect pedals to switch the order of the pedals.  anyone know how to do this?

Re: 808 and zen

jsetov

Re: 808 and zen

kirshman
Thanks man.  So just to make sure I understand.  This would be a 3pdt toggle that's on-on.  And in and out would come from the jacks, and sends would go to respective board ins and returns would come from the board outs?

Re: 808 and zen

Here's how you can do it, using LEDs to tell you what side is where. If you don't want the LEDs drop off the last row and use a 3pdt switch.

Here's how it works:

Plug your guitar into the input

Plug your amp into the output

Plug Send A into the input of the first pedal

Plug Send B into the input of the second pedal

Plug Return A into the output of the first pedal

Plug Return B into the output of the second peal

Re: 808 and zen

Frank_NH
Aww...the heck with all that.  Just put the Zen upstream of the 808.  Done.

Actually, that order switcher looks pretty cool!  Thanks for the layout Zach.

Also...as I've mentioned on other threads, I'm loving my Klon(e) into a Tube Screamer.  Set the Klon(e) for low gain with some treble boost, and it makes the Tube Screamer shine.  You might like to experiment with this using the Zen in place of the Klon(e).

Re: 808 and zen

No prob frank. I can't take credit for it, it is from beavis. Lol. I remember finding it when I was looking to do something where in wanted to change the order around if I wanted, similar to the sarcophagus from batw, which is a pharaoh and Black Forest if I remember correctly.

Re: 808 and zen

kirshman
How does this work inside a multieffect pedal, with the true bypass wiring on this site.  I'm wanting to put those 2 pedals in the same enclosure. So I'm just trying to figure out the order of the in and out wires of jacks, stomps and the switch.  Still pretty new at this.  Thanks!

Re: 808 and zen

Ciaran Haslett
Hey K

There's no difference.  As rocket said..

Send A goes to Input (Lug 9 on the the first stomp)
Return A goes to Output (Lug 8)

Same with the other Stomp.  All you're doing is replacing the in/out jacks on marks switch wiring with the send/return jacks on the Beavis wiring.

Ciaran

Re: 808 and zen

kirshman
Cool.  Thanks!

Re: 808 and zen

Dennis Fox
Thank you for the diagram. I have to try it now.

Re: 808 and zen

Dennis Fox
I just used your diagram on my blog at thronetone.blogspot.com. I really appreciate your post and  I hope that it is ok.  Please review it and if you have any issues, please let me know as I try to give credit where it is due.  Anyone else reading this, please feel free to look around as well as I can use any feedback that you have.   I really appreciate this forum and the power of many!!!!