'81-'83 Westone Paduak I Power Boost

Axldeziak
This post was updated on .
Onboard '81-'83 Westone Paduak I Power Boost circuit adapted to be a pedal.
Taken from PCB and parts list here: Power Boost

Here's the schematic I drew from the PCB linked above. I've added a variable boost and a resister to ground at input.

Re: '81-'83 Westone Paduak I Power Boost

Axldeziak
Mark this one as verified. I built it earlier and it works just fine.
I did however remove the volume pot I had added to the layout and schematic. (I edited the files above to reflect this.) It worked but the Boost pot does plenty on it's own and thus wasn't really needed.

Re: '81-'83 Westone Paduak I Power Boost

Chris mudd
I have 2 questions...

How does it sound?
I worked in St. Louis while Crate and Westone were being imported through St. Louis Music. Always thought Westone was ahead of their time and under-appreciated.

Can someone do a vero board layout?
I don't have this kind of board.

THANKS!

Chris

Re: '81-'83 Westone Paduak I Power Boost

Axldeziak
The sound? Don't know what to tell ya, what goes in, comes out... boosted.
Here's a vero.