8x power supply not powering

Chris mudd
Hello all,
I just finished the 8x power supply in the 4th page of the voodoo labs power supply in the verified section of the forum.

I am not getting any power reading at the end of a power cord plugged into any of the 8 jacks.

I am using a 12 volt supply the reads very steady. The LED lights up and if I touch the outer 2 legs of each regulator, they read 2 to 3 volts.

Where do I start checking?

Chris

Re: 8x power supply not powering

Chris mudd
Here is my board.

Re: 8x power supply not powering

Pavlos
Hi Chris, I'm assuming it is this circuit, and you have built the modified layout by Mug?
http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Custom-Voodoo-Labs-Pedal-Power-2-Plus-td8192.html

Either way, a good first step for debugging any board is to carefully go over the whole board, possibly with a magnifying glass and in good light. Look for any solder bridges, bad joints, and anything else that might make you wonder...is that right??? While you are doing that you could also make sure that any cuts have been done cleanly and are in the right place. It can also be worth running a sharp implement of some sort between each of the tracks just to make sure there are no shorts between tracks, craft knives, dental probes and quite a few other similar things have been used with great success, and afterwards give the board a good brush down to remove any debris, a cheap unused toothbrush works well for me, and as with anything pointy or sharp, please do take care

On the componenet side of the board very carefully check that all of the componenets are there, in the right place, right values, and correct orientation (they are such simple errors and ones that probably all of us have done at some time or other) And if all that hasn't brought things miraculously to life then you'll probably need to spend a bit of time with the multimeter to see if you have a faulty component or few.

If you are able to take a nice large high resolution photo of each side of the board? It is always a welcome help for others to spot anything obvious as well.

Hope this halps and the very best of luck

Re: 8x power supply not powering

Chris mudd
EUREKA!
I had the diode backwards. I feel a little silly, but I probably won't make that mistake again, famous last words.

Now I am getting 8.8-9.2 volts out of all 8 outputs.

Thanks for the advise!

Chris

Re: 8x power supply not powering

Pavlos
Nice simple one to solve then , and glad to have been of help