'92 Peavey Rage/Blazer 158 Distortion

Axldeziak
This post was updated on .
Here's a few pedal layouts for anyone interested. I decided to do this after modding my practice amp with a couple more distortion options and other upgrades.
First is the stock circuit. The only change I made was to use a TL071 instead of one half of a JRC4558.
The next two are the original layout with an additional daughter board that gives the option of eight modes of distortion using a 2P8T rotary switch.

1 - Stock IN4148
2 - Stock IN4148 (Asymetrical)
3 - Red 3mm Led
4 - Red 3mm Led (Asymetrical)
5 - Germanium
6 - Germanium (Asymetrical)
7 - BS107
8 - Natural

The last is the '92 schematic for the distortion circuit. It's identical to my '93 model Rage.

And before anyone says it, yes, the 158 distortion channel is atrocious through the tiny speaker. However, when output to a bigger speaker, it's not that bad. And the clean channel on the amp is really nice too.
The "Natural" option is just bypassing the clipper circuit to make the amp clip on it's own. I think it's my favorite because it doesn't clip until you dig into it and sounds pretty cool.

Re: '92 Peavey Rage/Blazer 158 Distortion

ibanez48
On your rotary switch u have a7-b7. Were u written all the switch positions u have 8. Just making sure should it be a7-b7 or a7-b8. Thanks

Re: '92 Peavey Rage/Blazer 158 Distortion

Axldeziak
In the 7th position, the signal path is A7 to A to B and then to B7. This engages the jfet clipping as in this circuit.

Eight position bypasses the clipper circuits entirely so the amp naturally clips on it's own. The path is A7-A8 to A and then Out to Volume 2
On the rotary, poles B1, B3, B5, B8 have no connections.

Re: '92 Peavey Rage/Blazer 158 Distortion

Axldeziak
Here's a few more 158 layouts for anyone interested.

Re: '92 Peavey Rage/Blazer 158 Distortion

Axldeziak

Re: '92 Peavey Rage/Blazer 158 Distortion

Axldeziak