-9v question!

BlackDeathsquad
Hope everyone is doing well.
    I am setting up a power supply for my pedal board that will run off my Milwaukee m18 batteries. I’m going to set one jack with -9v. I want to make sure if I’m connecting correctly. I’m going to use a 7660 chip on there. Normal wiring would be tip ground. The only nveeter says -9v red wire.  This would be new ground? Correct? Which means it would go to tip?

Thnx, everyone!

Re: -9v question!

Try not to rely too much on the wire color and pay more attention to just the label

Where it says -9V, whether it’s red or black, it’s -9V

You can wire “hot” or ground to the tip. It depends on what cable and pedals you want to power from the jack, but standard is center (tip) negative.

In this case it would be standard to connect -9V to tip and ground to sleeve.

If this doesn’t answer your question feel free to ask anything you’re wondering about

Re: -9v question!

Burt Cocain
Does anyone have a link to something that explains the plus and minus dc voltages? I've only ever come across it looking at things like preamps on this site, and my brain is fried thinking about it. Don't even know what terms to google on this.

Sorry for the hi-jack, but thought it was reasonably appropriate!

Cheers,

Burt

Re: -9v question!

Blackboarcult