A Remote Indicating Effects Bypass System (Geofex)

A Remote Indicating Effects Bypass System (Geofex)

Fschmidt
Hi there,

I am all new to all this DIY electronics so i will start out by excusing all my mistakes in this field ;)

I recently build myself a new bass-rig and wanted to have a remotely controlled effect loop to keep the fragile and expensive pedals of the floor. A second thing i was searching for was a blend circuit to retain the lowend when going through guitar minded effects.

For the bypass system i came across this article:A Remote Indicating Effects Bypass System by Geofex, which would suit my needs. After visiting this lovely and very helpful blog i got into Vero and here is my shot a layout for the relay part of the circuit. as for components you can switch the Q for other similar transistor with no problems, my first trial was with a BC182 which works fine aswell (just be carefull a bout the pinout).

I have tested the layout and it works. For footswitch i have build a BOSS FS5L clone. For the blend circuit i found a PCB at Moody Sounds (swedish DIY site) which is very similar to the "Split n Blend" found on this blog.

Currently im trying to make the layout look more like the layout style you guys are using and if you would like the .diy file you are very welc0ome ;)

Cheers,
Frederik

Re: A Remote Indicating Effects Bypass System (Geofex)

yksoon
Hi Frederick,

I am an absolute beginner to pedal electronics - I have done quite a lot of soldering in my time, but my skill with designing and understanding circuits is very basic.

The remote switcher/looper is something that I have a need for at the moment and I may try this design at some point soon. If I have any questions, is it ok to PM you or would you like me to respond through here?

Alex

Re: A Remote Indicating Effects Bypass System (Geofex)

Fschmidt
Sure go ahead, haven't been active for a while, but now i'm back.