A or B switching

mah62
Hi Mark, I was wondering if you could add to the offboard wiring section a diagram for toggling between 2 circuits, A or B rather than A and B, and with the ability to bypass both? I imagine you could do this in your sleep but I am going through A4 like there's no tomorrow trying to figure this one out! Cheers

Mark

Re: A or B switching

You could do A or B switching using a single stomp, but if you want the ability to bypass both you'd need a second stomp.  Ignoring the LEDs, the A or B wiring is simply:

1---4
2---5
3---6

1 - Effect 1 send
2 - Main input
3 - Effect 2 send
4 - Effect 1 return
5 - Main output
6 - Effect 2 return

The third pole would deal with the LED

6 - Effect 1 LED cathode (followed by current limiting resistor to 9V)
7 - Ground
8 - Effect 2 LED cathode (followed by current limiting resistor to 9V)

The stomp to bypass the effects completely would just be the standard offboard stomp wiring.  But instead of the Board input and output wires going to an effect board, they'd go to the Main input and Main output lugs of the second effect selection stomp switch.

Re: A or B switching

mah62
Thanks for the quick response, Mark. As usual I'm thinking things are more complicated than they actually are! "2 pi", here I come!

Mark