A question about IC's

El_Diablo572
I've been looking around on amazon and putting together a shopping list of components so that i have things "in-stock", instead of searching around for individual component and buying kits.

My question is about the number codes, in particular, and because i'm looking at them right now, tl082's. Typing that into amazon brings up a lot of results, but most have extra letters or numbers at the end, for example:
TL082-IP
TL082-CN
TL082-ACP
TL082-BCP
TL082-ACN
TL082-IN

And so on....  Same for other types of IC's. What do these values mean and do they really matter when it comes to pedal building?

Re: A question about IC's

bogey
Hi El Diablo,

I'm no expert ....and I hope someone will correct me if i'm wrong, but as far as I know these suffixes relate to package types and slightly different parameters/operating temperatures and whatnot within the same "type" of chip. They can even be different for the same chip made by different manufacturers.

The data sheet is your friend!!!!

Sorry for being so vague but I hope this helps somewhat.

Regards Bogey

Re: A question about IC's

Dex3887
Yeah like he said.
All I'll add is as long as its a DIP 8 thru hole package I wouldn't worry about it.
And yeah hit up the data sheets.  They will solve a load of problems or questions you might have.