A solid state spring reverb (germanium or selicon transistors to drive the tank)

A solid state spring reverb (germanium or selicon transistors to drive the tank)

baddriddm@live.fr
This post was updated on .
  Hi every one. this is my first veroboard effect reproduction, and it's a good one. I've built sevral of these with etched circuits. I thought i'de give it a try on vero, because i really nead to learn how to reproduce parts of circuits (like a led/ldr variable resistance sweep add control and modulation to lots of things).
   This reverb can use either silicon or germanium transistors, and it sounds nothing like all these IC reverbs out there, this has personality, sounds very organic (depending on the trannys), it's alive!
   The original circuit comes from a french book called "Jeux de lumieres et effets sonores pour guitare electrique" written by B.Fighiera, published in 1977. this book is full of old school overdrives and fuzz and wah effect from the seventies with no IC at all, pm me if you want to try some.
   I didn't test the circuit yet cuz I just finished drawing it and i don't have all the resistor values at home. but i'm pretty sure it'll work, it's not a very complicated circuit: an amp to the tanks input a recovery preamp at the output and a blender to mix dry&wet signals...
 You can here that reverb on this video ( i added a multi step low cut filter to the wet signal on this one, really a good addon to work on the reverbs color), you'll here it better at the end of the video where i mix a tune(sound is bad but you can here what it sound like) :

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzUxIHT7c3w&t=1588s

Solid State Spring Reverb

Re: A solid state spring reverb (germanium or selicon transistors to drive the tank)

Very cool, man! I'd love to see the schematic for this and some of the fuzzes from the book.

If I didn't have a tube driven spring verb in the works I'd probly be all over this

Re: A solid state spring reverb (germanium or selicon transistors to drive the tank)

baddriddm@live.fr
i'll scan the schems when i have time. I also have a tube spring reverb: the fisher spacexpander (king tubbys favorite) i'm planning to clone it, i have every hard to find parts for it (five audio transformers NOS unfindable) only missing part is the power transformer, but i found a place where they can wind them for me for 25€ a piece (they are usually sold for80 with such specs). I also have two panoramic tone converetrs(from baldwin organs) that i nee to find the right springs to make 'em work (so much things to achieve!)

Re: A solid state spring reverb (germanium or selicon transistors to drive the tank)

Fabian K
Hello!
I built the layout above during lockdown but unfortunately I have some troubles with it.. It seems like there is no signal going into the reverb because if I hit the springs I get some signal from it.
I noticed that C8 is not in the Layout but in the parts list. maybe that's the problem?
Would be awesome to see the schematics.

greets,
Fabian