ALPHA POTS NO PLASTIC CAPS?

Vince
Anyone know of a good (cheap) place to source Apha pots without those plastic condoms on them?

Re: ALPHA POTS NO PLASTIC CAPS?

Beaker
I get all mine from Dr. Tweek, as has both the covered and uncovered versions. You can probably find them cheaper, but he is reliable on stock.

Re: ALPHA POTS NO PLASTIC CAPS?

Surgeon
As far as I know Tayda's still cheapest of 'em all. Just take the caps off and you're good.

Re: ALPHA POTS NO PLASTIC CAPS?

Vince
Mr Tweak is excellent, I agree. I want to buy a big bulk though. I remove them but i'm lazy and it's a pain in the behind...

Re: ALPHA POTS NO PLASTIC CAPS?

negativefx
Cost or effort... choose one.  :)

Cheapest place is Tayda but you need to xacto knife the condom off.  After a few, you can rip through them in a matter of seconds.

Mouser may be a good place to look if you're buying 10+ of each.  I've found some killer deals on their site but it takes a little work to find the right item in the right packaging, and you usually don't get a good price until you hit 10+ qty.

Edit:  You said you want a big bulk order.  Go to mouser.

Re: ALPHA POTS NO PLASTIC CAPS?

Xacto to get off the plastic? I usually can pull it off with my fingernail. Just pull up a little on each side and it should slide right off.

Re: ALPHA POTS NO PLASTIC CAPS?

inefficiency
Just out of curiosity; Why do you remove them? I always get pissed when I order some pots and they DON'T have them.

Re: ALPHA POTS NO PLASTIC CAPS?

Vince
I remove them on the 5 pots/1590B builds. The pots still fit with the plastic on but you have do some wriggling and forcing, without them they just drop in so its just a space thing.

Re: ALPHA POTS NO PLASTIC CAPS?

inefficiency
Ah, gotcha. Good info to have for future builds!

I just accidentally ordered a bunch of pots with the long shafts, so now I have to dremel the ends off of them before I can use them. Such a pain.

Re: ALPHA POTS NO PLASTIC CAPS?

Likewise - I've never had any problems at all getting them off with my fingers.

Re: ALPHA POTS NO PLASTIC CAPS?

Vince
Must be mine then because even skewering them off with screwdriver takes some doing.