AMZ MOSFET Booster

drd

AMZ MOSFET Booster

drd
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
drd

Re: AMZ MOSFET Booster

drd
This post was updated on .
Hi All,

Lately I've built the AMZ MOSFET Booster and I find it absolutely a great effect. I've not found a vero layout here at tagboardeffects, so I've created one, though this is not verified yet (I etched my own on PCB). According to Jack Orman this one works both for guitar and bass, I've tried it with guitar only.

Updated one minor mistake and made it one column smaller:

Re: AMZ MOSFET Booster

boratto
Is there too much audible diference  inbetween this one and amz mini booster?
drd

Re: AMZ MOSFET Booster

drd
I think there is. I did not try the mini-booster, but that is a different animal. Jack wrote on his page that the mini-booster colors the sound somewhat while this is more transparent.

Re: AMZ MOSFET Booster

induction
Here is Jack's article that explains the difference between a truly clean boost (like the mosfet booster or the mxr micro-amp) and a not-so-clean boost (like the mini-booster, lpb-1, electra, etc.).

Re: AMZ MOSFET Booster

boratto
What about the volume output on this one? The AMZ mini just starts to work about 3h. And i feel a lack of volume on the original schematic.

Re: AMZ MOSFET Booster

Neil mcNasty
If you use J201 instead of 2n5457 in the mini-booster, you will get alot more volume.
Mine is at unity level about 10-11 o'clock and has an insane ammount of volume....

Re: AMZ MOSFET Booster

boratto
Yeah i did the J201 Mod on the Mini Booster you tell me, and it works like a charm.
I am afraid of AMZ Mosfet be a low output pedal.