AMZ Q&D Compressor 2

Charan
This looks like it would be straightforward to lay out for vero, but I am still pretty new, so I'm wondering if anyone has tried it. Also, if there's a "jangle mod" to set with a treble switch that would be cool.

http://www.muzique.com/tech/2166.htm

Re: AMZ Q&D Compressor 2

Alex
Here you go:

Re: AMZ Q&D Compressor 2

Charan
Awesome, thank you @alex! This layout is aesthetically beautiful btw.

Two questions:
1. Does 5457 and 7805 refer to the transistors or is it related to output wires? I'm guessing transistors, but wanted to make sure because the rest of the side text looks like wiring references.

2. Have you compared this against the Engineer's Thumb? I'm debating which to build first, because they both have great reviews.

Look forward to trying it out. Cheers, CR

Re: AMZ Q&D Compressor 2

Alex
They refer to the transistors.
I think they are both very good projects but I'm not much of a compressor person.
The SSM2166 needs a daughterboard to fit on vero and that may put some people off.
I've built a THAT Jam Compressor from the main page for a friend a while back.
Different beast but more expensive and more complicated.

Re: AMZ Q&D Compressor 2

Hozy31
Managed to get a free sample of the SSM2166 from Analog Devices. Just waiting for my adapter boards to come in and i'll give it a build.
"Red velvet lines the black box"
mug

Re: AMZ Q&D Compressor 2

mug
http://makezine.com/2009/02/20/breakout-smd-chips-on-stripboard/

"Just" expand it to 14 pin and you're done - no more wating for daughterboards!

Looks like real pain to cut the copper traces in that way... On the other hand it could allow some nice builds with SMD chips directly on the solder side...

Re: AMZ Q&D Compressor 2

Hozy31
Thankfully my adapter boards arrived yesterday so i'll build it at the weekend. Cheers for the link though might come in useful in the future.
"Red velvet lines the black box"