Aaand it's on!

Re: Aaand it's on!

Surgeon
If you look at the layout here:https://taweber.powweb.com/store/8cm100_layout.jpg

you'll see that there are two star-grounds (suggested). Also, the 3 big cap cans that are on the right need to be mounted on the side of the chassi. All of them need to go to the power star-ground. Therefore, I used a piece of 14 gauge copper wire to create a bus between the 3 and then link the bus to ground (simplifying the wiring in the process).

However, it turns out that this was causing the hum. To remove it (or maybe 95% of it), each of the cap cans needed to be grounded separately to the star ground point. Each had to have its own separate tab. Kinda weird but you don't ask in this case, you celebrate!

Re: Aaand it's on!

Surgeon
And here are a few pics:

Guts:

Cab (everybody knows brown bootleather is the new black):

And back panel:

Rock on!

Re: Aaand it's on!

dbat69
That is absolutely awesome work
Very impressive

Re: Aaand it's on!

Re: Aaand it's on!

Surgeon
Thank you guys!

for a first build I'm quite satisfied!

Re: Aaand it's on!

inefficiency
That looks awesome! I've been after a pedalboard or amp with that kind of tolex for aaaaaaages. It looks so good!

Re: Aaand it's on!

Surgeon
Thank you!

Re: Aaand it's on!

btw, surgeon. hope you don't mind that when i get the green together that i steal your ideal of using boot leather to cover the cabinet. it looks badass and straight out of the wild west.

Re: Aaand it's on!

Surgeon
Go ahead, I'll most likely need you to let me steal your layout once you're done....

Re: Aaand it's on!

that's the problem, i'm not really supposed to have this, i don't think i can let it out. i'm trying to figure out how to actually make a p2p layout, but never have and afraid of asking for help since this isn't supposed to be...

Re: Aaand it's on!

Silver Blues
Dude, nice.

Re: Aaand it's on!

Surgeon
Silver: thank you

Rocket: don't worry, if you can't let it out I won't ask you for it. HOwever, if you DO make a p2p layout (tagboard or otherwise) then there's nothing wrong with putting pics up and letting us figure it out from there... ;)

Re: Aaand it's on!

Haha. Very true. I'm always up for contributing. It's just that the guys at electric have threatened major lawsuits against the people that made a clone, and had majorly harassed them, which I want no part of, but I'll see what I can do once it's built.
12