About the behavior of octave clang

honio3
Hello everyone. I made octave clang on a breadboard referring to the following sites.

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/DBA-Octave-Clang-td7649.html#a7650

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQE-tabGUL4

I have a problem here.
・ Gain is low in the circuit diagram and layout. I can not hear the sound like youtube.
There is no bias in 741.

Therefore I researched myself and improved the circuit. Attach an image of my breadboard and schematic. I want to hear your opinion.

I have another question. There is no bias on pin 3 of 741 in the original circuit diagram. Instead, the resistance from pin 2 to 910k has fallen to ground.
I do not know why this works.
In my improved circuit, a bias of 4.5v is given to 3 pin. The resistance between 2-6 pins was also changed to 2m, and 1k resistance was added to 2pin.
I think that I could earn some gain by this. When giving a bias of 4.5v to 3 pin, it does not operate unless the 910k resistance is removed.

Re: About the behavior of octave clang

aelling
It doesn't look like you have pin5 connected to ground on your breadboard.

Re: About the behavior of octave clang

honio3
Hello. Thank you for your reply. In the schematic, pin 5 is grounded but I removed it from the breadboard. I'm sorry. The offset adjustment seems to use 15 pins, but the original is only 5 pins grounded. Is this intended?
I felt that it was unnatural that only one side was unnaturally removed 5 pin.

Re: About the behavior of octave clang

aelling
I'm sorry, I thought this thread was in the debugging section, I don't know much about this circuit so I can't answer your questions. I was going to build an original, I have the transformers for I just haven't gotten to it yet.

Re: About the behavior of octave clang

honio3
Hello. And I'm sorry many times. I am the first to post, so I do not understand well.
Which thread should I post questions or suggestions for circuits like this time?