Acetylene Overdrive - Pedal PCB

MAO

Acetylene Overdrive - Pedal PCB

MAO
This post was updated on .
11/11/2021 update: I incorrectly drew the volume pot's J113 pinout, should have been DSG, not DGS. I was able to use a 2SK246 instead of the J113 and flipped it 180 degrees. This jfet is wired up as a buffer so the 2sk246 should be fine here. I'll redraw the layout with the proper J113 pinout. Sorry for any inconvenience.

With the main board turned counterclockwise, should fit in a 1590BB.

The boost board should fit between the two stomp switches. Tap the power and ground from the main board.

11/11/2021 Corrected 2SK246 label/orientation (original jfet is J113 DSG, new layout down below)

And to use the boost independently like the original, wire it up something like this:

Dual Offboard Wiring
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst
MAO

Re: Acetylene Overdrive - Pedal PCB

MAO
Updated layout - corrected for the original J113 (Q6) and replaced the 9k resistor with a 5k1 + 3k9 in series.
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst
MAO

Re: Acetylene Overdrive - Pedal PCB

MAO
Main layout Seems to be working, but I'm getting a bunch of noise/hiss. Having flashbacks to my noisy Azabache builds.

1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst
MAO

Re: Acetylene Overdrive - Pedal PCB

MAO
False alarm, must have been an impedance mismatch causing the hiss as it sounds correct feeding the front end of the amp as intended.

Not so great directly feeding the power amp, however putting a buffer between the pedal output and power amp input solved the hiss issue with this type of setup.

Haven't built the boost yet, but real happy with it so far.
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst