Active Pickup preamp

cooper1101
Can someone vero this please?

http://www.electrosmash.com/images/tech/emg81/emg81-schematic.jpg

This may be very useful for noise canceling with humbuckers.
Thank You!

Re: Active Pickup preamp

alex.s
Is R3 meant to be a jumper? Or should it read 30k like R1?

Re: Active Pickup preamp

cooper1101
R3 may be absent there or same as R1. It's basically a tracked down EMG81 preamp and by some opinions the 0R (or it's absence) in R3 position creates slight imbalance between two coils of the pickup resulting in a little different tone.

Re: Active Pickup preamp

alex.s
This post was updated on .
Thought I'd give this a try since it's a small one and this is what I came out with.

Since pin 5 of the IC is not in use I included a cut underneath it, perhaps not completely orthodox but should do the job. Haven't tried it myself so can't confirm it's complete accuracy but at a first review it looks good to me.

Re: Active Pickup preamp

alex.s
Made a small change and the image wouldn't update despite editing, here it is:

Re: Active Pickup preamp

cooper1101
Thanks a ton! I will try this as soon as the IC arrives! I'll try to make photos and maybe record a comparison.