Adding mid control to a booster

Stinger25
Hi,
I want to build a SHO with mid control (cut/boost knob),
would appreciate your suggestions about how to approach that

Re: Adding mid control to a booster

It's not as easy as a simple passive low or high pass filter and needs to be active.  I'd suggest also adding a Demeter Fat Control to the same box:

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/09/demeter-fat-control.html

Re: Adding mid control to a booster

Re: Adding mid control to a booster

Stinger25
Thanks for the response, Mark.
Yep, for high/low filter all that needed is to play with caps, mid is problematic...
I thought about the demeter fat control, but isn't it also a booster? Or is the fat control just controls the amount of mids?

Re: Adding mid control to a booster

It has to be a booster as well or you would only be able to cut mids.  It's an active filter and so has the ability to boost as well as cut the frequencies, as opposed to a transistor gain stage booster like an LPB1 or SHO for instance.

Re: Adding mid control to a booster

Stinger25
So if I want a booster with mids control I should stack it: Demeter->SHO?

Re: Adding mid control to a booster

dodido
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Adding mid control to a booster

Jon Rep
Good Post Stringer25.  You , Mark and dodido have now got me interested in Building the Dementer Fat Control and having a closer look at the Eje Filter & Mr Eq from ROG. Thanks.

Re: Adding mid control to a booster

Stinger25
Thanks for your help, guys!

Re: Adding mid control to a booster

Madferret
If you want to have something with tone control rather than just a mid boost why not try the AMZ Tone Control it's based on the Big Muff tone stack but with an added pot to control the amount of boost as well as the frequency it's boosting, I think version 2 would be best for what you need.  You'd need a small boost section after it though as it will make the pedal loose some volume.  Since it's from the Big Muff why not use the gain stage from that:

I drew this up as a daughter board but it should be simple enough to add it to an existing vero.  Green wire is input, blue output, red 9v, black ground.