Adding more bass to the BC108 Sunface

GrooveChampion
Just built this little beauty, fantastic pedal. But it lacks bass.

Is there a capacitor that I can change to add some more bass to it? Maybe even a bass control?

Re: Adding more bass to the BC108 Sunface

Replace the 10n output cap with a larger value cap

Re: Adding more bass to the BC108 Sunface

GrooveChampion
Thanks Travis, does this work for other pedals?

Can I make it into a pot?

Re: Adding more bass to the BC108 Sunface

a pot is a variable resistor, not a variable capacitor. if you want you can make make an input cap blend pot with 2 different caps.

the short answer to your other question about will this method work with other pedals is yes. but that's not always the case.

Re: Adding more bass to the BC108 Sunface

GrooveChampion
That actually sounds like a really nice idea, I'd ask for a schematic but I'd prefer if you can draw it out for me like I am a 5 year old.

Can you please draw it on the layout?

Also, I know a pot is a variable resistor, I should've phrased it "Can I make it into a bass control via a pot?"

Also also, would such modification would be considered as a low pass filter?

One way or another, thanks!

Re: Adding more bass to the BC108 Sunface

GrooveChampion
Also, the input cap? Not the output cap?

Re: Adding more bass to the BC108 Sunface

The input cap is already big enough, the output cap is where the bass is cut.

To answer your previous question, the coupling caps form high-pass filters. Highs pass through and lows are attenuated depending on the cap value and impedance.

I think I'm going to stay home sick today so I'll probably draw this, but if you Google "input cap blend" and do that with the output cap it is extremely simple

Re: Adding more bass to the BC108 Sunface