Advice : Add a 47r resistor on every +9v rail!

Re: Advice : Add a 47r resistor on every +9v rail!

tjdracz
induction wrote
If you order all your parts (enclosure, components, jacks, plugs, vero) from Mammoth or somewhere comparable, you'll pay about $30 US for everything including daisy chains and shipping. You can do better if you shop around on eBay. I buy all of my stuff from a local surplus shop, so I spent about $10 on each one.

The Harley Benton looks like a great deal, and isn't that much more expensive (about $40 US plus shipping) than DIY. It just depends on what you pay for parts, and why you build. I build because it's fun. If I wanted to save money, but didn't enjoy building for its own sake, I would just buy the Harley Benton.

If you just want a painting to hang on the wall, the discount shops are full of them and you can get one cheap. But if you want the experience of painting something, the effort is the whole idea. Plus you end up with a painting when you're done.
Understandable. The benefit of Harley Benton is isolated outs, keeps the noise down most of the time. So in effect it's more similar to something like Geofex Spyder. It's nicely regulated and fine, I've tested it with my Crybaby Wah that was quite susceptible to noise from PSU. With Harley Benton it's as noisy as battery.

But I get the building for building sake argument. I love having the pedal I built myself and I don't want to buy anything really as I like my pedalboard DIY. The only exception is Crybaby but even that is heavily modified to McCoy values and True Bypass. I would probably only buy something like Digitech Whammy which is impossible to built on your own :)

Re: Advice : Add a 47r resistor on every +9v rail!

induction
I tried for a long time to find a way to DIY a wah shell without buying any expensive new tools. Just seems impossible. Seems like anything that performs as well as a gutted Crybaby would cost more to make than what you'd pay for a dead Crybaby.

Re: Advice : Add a 47r resistor on every +9v rail!

tjdracz
I know! Although I think Daier have some Wah shells that should be quite affordable

Re: Advice : Add a 47r resistor on every +9v rail!

DannyBoy
I love this site! I appreciate all the advice and corrections that people give so that we can learn how to do this too. I have only been building for just over a year, and have learned so much from all you guys on here. I can't do any of my own vero layouts yet because I can't read schematics, but I am trying to teach myself. It is slow going.
12