Aion Electronics - Ares (Echoplex Preamp) vero and documentation

Re: Aion Electronics - Ares (Echoplex Preamp) vero and documentation

Melphick90
Thanks for the quick reply! So I read more into it and realised I was completely wrong with the mirror image thing haha. I have built a few small things but must have gotten confused with this one as it’s more then my standard. After realising I swapped all my components the right way (on a new bit of vero) and it worked straight away. Thanks again for all your help with a noob like me! By the way it’s a great effect, subtle but it just adds something! This will be going under my board as an always on! Cheers

Re: Aion Electronics - Ares (Echoplex Preamp) vero and documentation

Boba7
Great, I'm glad it works! Yes, it's a really nice effect, I love it and tend to keep it always on too!

Re: Aion Electronics - Ares (Echoplex Preamp) vero and documentation

Ben_S
Just building this and I’m having trouble finding a 2n5484 within spec.  The best I’ve got is VGS -1.66, idss 3.88.  How critical is the spec on q1?  I was lucky enough to find a 2n5485 bang on spec, so q2 is perfect.
Cheers
Ben
12