Alternate Pinout or Mislabeled Germanium?

Alternate Pinout or Mislabeled Germanium?

squirrels
I recently ordered a pair of P416B germaniums from Small Bear and they don’t seem to work. Nothing shows up on my tester and no sound from a Fuzz Face. Steve was nice enough to send me two new ones but I was wondering if it’s possible that they have a different pinout from what’s on the data sheet (BCE) or could they be mislabeled? They were measured before I purchased them on a DCA75 at 78 and 103. I stuck them in my multimeter on the PNP side and the NPN side and the NPN side showed a reading. Is it possible the transistors are mislabeled or are they just dead? Has anyone had any experience like this?

Re: Alternate Pinout or Mislabeled Germanium?

It could be but I doubt it. If I remember correctly your in NJ too. If you are around Sunday we can meet up if we’re not super far from each other and I can test them with my DCA75 for you.

Re: Alternate Pinout or Mislabeled Germanium?

squirrels
I spoke with Steve again and they weren’t measured. I’m not sure why the transistors were marked then. I figured they were probably just dead or defective. Thanks for the offer Rocket but it’s not a big deal. Hopefully the next two I get will work properly. These two were definitely measured.