Alternative Diodes for Bumble Buzz

Synsound
Hey all quick question. The Bumble Buzz layout on the main site calls for  1N4007 for all diodes. I have most of the common diodes used in the majority of builds. What others would be good alternatives in this build or is the 4007 part of they key to its sound?
Thanks in advance for any insight.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Alternative Diodes for Bumble Buzz

induction
Any standard silicon diode should sound nearly identical here.

1N400x (x can be anything)
1N914
1N4148

If the Vf is around 0.7 V it will work fine. I doubt you'll hear any difference.