Amp overdrive channel AS PEDAL.

jonnyrace
Hello

probably dumb question...what's to stop folks like Mirosol and Ivlark from creating vero layouts of amp overdrive channels?

I recently had a Fender Super Sonic 22 and that had some of the best overdrive/distortion I've ever heard. If you could box that into a miniature circuit I think you'd be on to a winner. I know that preamp tubes are involved, but I'm sceptical about those.

There's also all the Boogie stuff...the Orange Rockerverb...Cornford. The new Hot Rod Deluxe has a great overdrive as well.

Isn't that new Orange Micro Terror really just a pedal in an amp format. I Wonder if there's a way of making it into a pedal?

Just an innocent question...

Thanks

Jonny

Re: Amp overdrive channel AS PEDAL.

Madferret
Hi, some of the Runoffgroove circuits have been designed this way, I think it's a fairly simple process to replace each half of a tube with a JFET. There's some good info on it here:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=43989.0