Andy Relay TQ2-L2-5V Problem

Kinski
Relay is not working. I don't think its switching at all.

Im using a Takamisawa AL5WN-K Relay and CD4069UBE. That should work, right?

Re: Andy Relay TQ2-L2-5V Problem

cylens
No, it shouldn't! I almost made the same mistake, see this thread: http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/3PDT-circuit-possible-td32201.html

Re: Andy Relay TQ2-L2-5V Problem

Silver Blues
Haha yeah. No this board needs a dual-coil latching relay, the Takamisawa part is super common and useful in most relay switches but not this one.

Re: Andy Relay TQ2-L2-5V Problem

Kinski
Well, live and learn. I have these from using the 1776 Finish Line relay in the past. Guess I'll order the correct ones.

Trying to make my POG True-bypass and click-less.

Thanks!

Click-less is the way to go

Yeah, I've been using them on a few recent builds. Really nice!
KT

Re: Andy Relay TQ2-L2-5V Problem

KT
Hi,
I want to try one of the click-less bypass systems. Their are a few here on the site, and also the pcb from 1776 for example. Which one do you guys prefer? Pcb or vero?
Thanks

I far prefer the Andy Relay being discussed here over pretty much anything else. It works well, isn't expensive and is pretty small.

Re: Andy Relay TQ2-L2-5V Problem

Kinski
Yeah, I'm looking forward to getting this working. Waiting on the correct relays to arrive. The only other ones i've tried is the 1776 Finish Line. Its really great, but gets pricey to use all the time. So I've got high hopes for the Andy Relay!

Although, I'll still use the Finish Line for super tight builds, as the board is only 1 inch x 1 inch!
KT

Hi thanks for the replies! So you guys order these from gosh park? https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/NS84RfbW

Re: Andy Relay TQ2-L2-5V Problem

Silver Blues
Yup exactly. They're reasonably priced and very high quality.