Anyone else sick of 3PDTs?

GrooveChampion
I just built the BYOC trem and it works like a charm, followed the wiring to the note and the 3PDT footswitch pops like a MOTHER****ER

Wired it with an optical bypass and no more pops, I AM SICK OF THESE 3PDT'S

Re: Anyone else sick of 3PDTs?

Now that I’ve finally figured out how to use eagle I might look into different bypass options.

What’s a good one these days?

Re: Anyone else sick of 3PDTs?

GrooveChampion
Been using Fuzz Dog's Optopuss

Re: Anyone else sick of 3PDTs?

Pariah
Millenium bypass all the way these days. I find 3pdts way to clunky, and by the gods I despise that white plastic washer!

Re: Anyone else sick of 3PDTs?

The white plastic washer is meant to go straight in the trash

I’ll have to check out the Octopus’s. Do they switch instantly like a 3PDT with no pop, or is there a slight delay?

Re: Anyone else sick of 3PDTs?

nostradoomus
Freppo's relay bypass looks pretty good too. Have a board and relay just havent built it yet...but Freppo made it so I bet it rules.

Got a few optopuss' as well, just need some pin type DPDT switches.

Re: Anyone else sick of 3PDTs?

GrooveChampion
If theres a slight delay then I didnt notice it.

Re: Anyone else sick of 3PDTs?

Silver Blues
Check the library, I've got a whole guide on soft-latch bypass in there  I hate the 3PDTs too, they're ancient relics as far as I'm concerned.

Re: Anyone else sick of 3PDTs?

GrooveChampion
Seen it, thanks man! The Coda FX one looks amazing, momentary AND latching options!