Anyone here wind their own pickups?

Sensei Tim
Anyone?

Re: Anyone here wind their own pickups?

Sensei Tim
I’ve been thinking about it also.

We’re you guys thinking of going all in and getting anwinder from stew Mac or using a drill and a home made tensioner first?

Are there any forums like diysb or fsb for pickups?

Re: Anyone here wind their own pickups?

Frank_NH
I've thought about it, but I have enough hobbies and assorted unfinished projects...

I'd go the Stew-Mac kit route for my first pickups, then source parts for more boutique pickups (like wide range humbuckers).  A coupled of hot dogear p90s would be a great place to start!

Re: Anyone here wind their own pickups?

scimitar
I wound a set of pickups a while ago for a Tele I built, keep meaning to wind some more but pedal building gets in the way...