Art of Electronics 3rd Edition

negativefx
Just a heads up that AoE's long awaited 3rd edition finally has a release date!  April 30, 2015.  You can preorder on Amazon for $108 but Adafruit also offers preorder for $120 if you want to support the lil guy.  I have a *cough* PDF version of 2nd edition that is very helpful but I've been holding off purchasing a physical copy until they announced the 3rd.

The Art of Electronics Third Edition

Another helpful non-pedal resource that I've recently found is Coursera (coursera.com).  They have a sizable number of great EE courses available for free.  These aren't like Khan academy made-for-web type courses though... they're actual university courses running on their usual schedule that let web-users participate in lectures, homework, quizzes, etc. as if they were a paying student.  The only thing you don't get is the lab experience.  I'm taking a Georgia Tech EE course at the moment and waiting for the audio circuits and audio signal processing course to open up this summer.  Highly recommend checking the site out if you're looking for more education on EE (or any) topic.  I currently have a 0% in the course because I started the class 3 weeks late and can't get credit for the homework and quizzes after deadline, but who cares?  Free university courses are worth it regardless of the 'certificate' you get after completing the course.  Anecdotally, holy crap are low undergrad college courses easy.  I did three weeks worth of homework and quizzes in 4 hours and I have zero actual background in EE beyond building pedals.  After working a real job for 10 years post-college, I'm pretty sure I could take 24-30 credits a semester and do just fine.  Wish I would have known that when I was actually enrolled in college.  :)

Re: Art of Electronics 3rd Edition

One word......awesome. I'm going to enroll in some classes of the summer, rather then enter late. Even though it doesn't matter it would be nice to have the cert in the workshop. Wouldn't mind that PDF......

Re: Art of Electronics 3rd Edition

Chris60601
Yup yup - as would most of us I suspect
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

I bow to IvIark's greatness
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: Art of Electronics 3rd Edition

negativefx
It's funny... I posted it on my dropbox for Rocket to grab and within 60 minutes dropbox tagged it as a DMCA violation and took it down.

Re: Art of Electronics 3rd Edition

Some of these upload sites are stricter than others.  Or at least some don't check
It still probably won't last long