Atari Punk Console with 8 step sequencer

Atari Punk Console with 8 step sequencer

edo1123
Hi guys . Is there anyone who can write a vero of this colorful mass http://www.owyheesound.com/img/atari_punk_console.png ? Looks cool on some demos . I wonder whether it is possible to supply this with 9v instead of 6v. Thanks

Re: Atari Punk Console with 8 step sequencer

negativefx
Just throw a L7806 on there to run 6v off of a 9v supply.

Re: Atari Punk Console with 8 step sequencer

Synsound
I came across this when I started some synth module builds. I finally decided to build separate modules instead of having it all together. I thought you may like this link. It's not on vero but it uses an inexpensive Velleman LED kit to create an analog sequencer. I think the kit is about $9 USD
I think it took about $12 more in parts from Tayda and it worked.
There are plenty of Atari Punk Veros out there.

http://makezine.com/2009/11/10/synth-sequencer-from-an-led-kit/
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Atari Punk Console with 8 step sequencer

edo1123
Thanks man. I saw the link , but I understood less than nothing . Here in Italy it's a mess when you want to get things from other Country ( I had a lot of trouble when  I got a pair of convers) so I cannot buy it. For the APC itself it's not a real problem to get the vero, but for the step sequencer it's a pain in the ass, because I suck in doing vero. Even if this one is the simpliest I have seen for now , I can't figure out how to put it on vero. Sorry.

Re: Atari Punk Console with 8 step sequencer

Synsound
I'm not sure of the validity of these but here are a few other options that are on vero.

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-52774.html

And here is another I found a pic of:

I think they are based on the same thing. The one on the link seems to have some troubleshooting following the pic.
Perhaps with the info and cross referencing the pics you may come up with a winner. Good luck.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Atari Punk Console with 8 step sequencer

skeletonghost
I can confirm that the baby 8 will work with the APC. You simply have to mod an APC with CV input, add a jack to the pin 5 (ctrl) of the first IC. There are a ton of APC vero layouts floating around. I used this layout for the baby 8. Also I supply this with 9v no problem (NE555 is good up to 18v I think)

Thanks guys. One last request. How could I run this schematic into the baby 8?
http://electro-music.com/forum/phpbb-files/apc556_262.jpg

Re: Atari Punk Console with 8 step sequencer

skeletonghost
TRG would be wired to pin 11 of the 556. You can also use a layout with dual 555s (TRG to pin 5 of IC1), I used this one from Paulinthelab for my build:

Re: Atari Punk Console with 8 step sequencer

edo1123
So I have to connect CV from the baby 8 to pin5 of ic1 and than APC output to the jack. Am I wrong?

Re: Atari Punk Console with 8 step sequencer

Synsound
You can wire to either 555 but will get different results.
This is why my suggestion is to build them separately and just put jacks on the APC for CV input. Then down the road you can use the sequencer on other projects you may build.

edo1123
So I connect pin5 from APC to a jack to use as CV input and CV out form the baby remains the same. I'll follow your hint man. Thanks a lot!!!

Re: Atari Punk Console with 8 step sequencer

skeletonghost
Synsound wrote
You can wire to either 555 but will get different results.
This is why my suggestion is to build them separately and just put jacks on the APC for CV input. Then down the road you can use the sequencer on other projects you may build.
This is good advice. I built my APC with a switch to select between CV input and a built in LFO unit. The baby 8 I built into a separate unit it so I could use it with different gear like my lunetta