Auto Swell

Zanius
Saw that  today so I thought I'd give it a go.
It's quite fun to use, it could maybe be useful for slowly introducing a solo or a riff without having your hand on the volume pot.

I used  a 1458 for Ic, 5088 for transistors and a J201 for the fet, I think it will work with anything though.
Forgot to mark the switch, it's a spst momentary that connects to ground.
Schematics and more info can be found on the link above.
Made and verified :)

Re: Auto Swell

mercury6
looks like im about 8 years late. this is really cool. foes it work as well as the paia gator. or is it really finicky like the slow gear?

Re: Auto Swell

Highsmith
I just built this and found it useful, unlike the 2 slow gears I made...

Re: Auto Swell

mercury6
yea was wondering if it was better than slow gear because it has less parts than paia gator which I like.

Re: Auto Swell

mercury6
awesome. were did the idea from this design come from?