B9 Organ Pedal

motterpaul
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1465852

I was just listening to the link above - apparently the Hammond organ sound is actually a pedal made by Electro Harmonix called the B9.  Costs about $200 - anyone know about it?

Re: B9 Organ Pedal

johnk
I own one and I like it a lot.

Re: B9 Organ Pedal

atomicwombat
john- what does it look like inside? any chance that it can be done on Vero?

Re: B9 Organ Pedal

johnk
I haven't opened it, but trust me, i99.99% positive that there's no way you could make one on vero.
to sound the way that it does, IMO, it has to have a quite a bit of custom digital processing going on.

Re: B9 Organ Pedal

Jopn
atomicwombat wrote
john- what does it look like inside? any chance that it can be done on Vero?
I'm sure if we could find a through hole version of that 64 pin microcontroller, IVIark would be delighted to whip up a vero layout for it. I've watched a lot of hacker movies, so I'm pretty sure we could get our hands on the programming source code by finding some socially awkward 16 year old and paying him off with a case of Red Bull + a carton of smokes to crack EHX's mainframe. It's all falling into place (insert: evil laugh)

Q: Why is a drummer like a scud missile?
A: Both are offensive and inaccurate.

Re: B9 Organ Pedal

Heath
Okay, so, like, what are we waiting for?