BB preamp VS DLS MIKIII VS Wampler Pinacle

BB preamp VS DLS MIKIII VS Wampler Pinacle

ppanousos
It's time to move on from my Sonic Titan.I am thinking of BB preamp,DLS MIKIII,Wampler Pinacle.Which one do you recomend?My amp is a Fender Twin Reverb.Do you have any other recomendetion?Always for Marshall type of tone of course

Re: BB preamp VS DLS MIKIII VS Wampler Pinacle

inefficiency
The BB Preamp I always thought was more for use as a boost rather than Marshall-in-a-box tones, but maybe I'm wrong. I know it does make a good boost if that's what you use it for though.

I have no experience with the DLS.

I absolutely love the Pinnacle. Maybe it's just because it's basically Van Halen tone in a box and I'm a sucker for Eddie, but it seems fairly versatile too.
All of the Wampler stuff sounds awesome to me. I'm a  big fan of the SLOstortion and Ecstasy/Euphoria also.

Re: BB preamp VS DLS MIKIII VS Wampler Pinacle

Heath
The Xotic BB Preamp is a absolute MONSTER.  If it's a booster, then the matching dirt pedal would likely make me shit from every pore, heh.  VERY VERY LOUD with loads of big pulsing hairy balls.  The moment I hit my strings, I immediately felt AC/DC begging to be played.

I never did get the diode switching to make much difference, though.

For a straight up Marshal sound, however, I prefer the Nick Greer Sucker Punch.  Simple and straight to the point.

That said, I intend to build the Ramble FX Marvel Drive and see how that goes in comparison.

Re: BB preamp VS DLS MIKIII VS Wampler Pinacle

inefficiency
Ah cool. I didn't realize it was that monsterous!

I always liked the Suhr Riot. Not really Marshall-in-a-box, but definitely amp-in-a-box.