BJF Sparkle Face - Verified

anders
This post was updated on .
Another collabration between Björn Juhl and Moody Sounds, this time a YAFF with NPN germaniums. I did two layouts, one stock and one with the suggested mods by Björn.

*Edit* Stock spec layout is now verified

Info and working theory here

Re: BJF Sparkle Face - Verified

anders
Sphere80 built the stock spec layout and he reported it sounded fantastic. So I had to build it as well and I can only agree. Thick, meaty and high gain with controls maxed. Good OD tones when rolled back.

Re: BJF Sparkle Face - Verified

Sphere80
It's not as insane as the other BJF fuzzes posted lately, but it's very solid and sounds great into a driven amp. Like
Anders says, it cleans up well and works as an OD - even a clean-ish boost!

The "working theory" pdf is a must read, and there's 20 page thread on the development:
https://bjornjuhl.com/forum/viewtopic.php-f=4&t=5432.html

Anders, can you describe the mods? I may make another.