BREADBOARD MAXON OD808

MOPO

Re: BREADBOARD MAXON OD808

dexxyy
What is the purpose in this? Or am I missing the point here?
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: BREADBOARD MAXON OD808

MOPO
Hello,

Its allows you to make a seamless installation:

validate a circuit without heating up the soldering iron.
easily edit as you please
t 'fun to move or change components
if in the end the sound does not please you retrieve the components for another assembly
If you are not master the electronics it's his super allows you to learn without much hassle with the soldering iron and waste components.
It is like a jigsaw puzzle fun :)

Re: BREADBOARD MAXON OD808

dexxyy
That much I get, but surely it is better for the individual to learn more by following the schematic and breadboard the circuit themselves. Also I don't understand why anyone would publish a breadboard layout that wasn't verified, why wouldn't you breadboard it first to make sure it works, it doesn't take long and the parts are re-usable?
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: BREADBOARD MAXON OD808

MOPO
This layout m 'has been requested, I have done a favor ......... I currently do not verify the account but his may interest somebody to do ...... ......... This is the principle of sharing ......... everyone brings his stone to the building.

Re: BREADBOARD MAXON OD808

Muadzin
dexxyy wrote
That much I get, but surely it is better for the individual to learn more by following the schematic and breadboard the circuit themselves.
By that logic wouldn't it make more sense to no longer post vero layouts and let individuals make their own layout as well?

Re: BREADBOARD MAXON OD808

nocentelli
Muadzin wrote
dexxyy wrote
That much I get, but surely it is better for the individual to learn more by following the schematic and breadboard the circuit themselves.
By that logic wouldn't it make more sense to no longer post vero layouts and let individuals make their own layout as well?
Not really; Designing a vero is time consuming and requires practice, experience and appropriate software, whilst breadboarding just requires the breadboard, schematic and a small amount of common sense.

I'm more puzzled by why a circuit as simple as the OD808 is spread over three separate side-by-side breadboards and utilises no ground, +9v or vref rails when it could easily fit on a single board with the rails running up the sides being used properly. Surely most brand new beginners who can't yet breadboard straight from a schematic are only likely to have one BB?

Re: BREADBOARD MAXON OD808

dexxyy
nocentelli wrote
Muadzin wrote
dexxyy wrote
That much I get, but surely it is better for the individual to learn more by following the schematic and breadboard the circuit themselves.
By that logic wouldn't it make more sense to no longer post vero layouts and let individuals make their own layout as well?
Not really; Designing a vero is time consuming and requires practice, experience and appropriate software, whilst breadboarding just requires the breadboard, schematic and a small amount of common sense.

I'm more puzzled by why a circuit as simple as the OD808 is spread over three separate side-by-side breadboards and utilises no ground, +9v or vref rails when it could easily fit on a single board with the rails running up the sides being used properly. Surely most brand new beginners who can't yet breadboard straight from a schematic are only likely to have one BB?
Exactly, this is why I am failing to see a benefit in this. This section is chock full of layouts made by community members, I`d wager the vast majority of whom couldn`t make head nor tail of a schematic when they first arrived here. I include myself in that number. The internet is awash with tutorials on learning to read schematics and how to convert to breadboard (that`s how I, and probably most other members, learnt).
The OP mentions the benefits to be had for modding via changing component values etc, while this may be true to a degree, this is only possible for a newbie when they are given a verified circuit first. I still don`t understand why someone would publish a breadboard layout they hadn`t tried first.
The page also features the vero layout from this blog (I assume permission was sought & granted & appropriate credit given), but no mention of a schematic as far as I can see, so if the layout has errors is the user expected to reference the vero layout to locate it rather than a schematic?
Yes, unverified layouts are published here and members who are willing, can verify them. This is a different scenario due to the time required to build a vero layout v a breadboard one. Also it would be a bit selfish to expect someone to build a layout to verify it when the might not want or need the circuit.
I also find it quite bizarre that someone makes a layout for their own blog then bounces it to another blog to be verified rather than take 15 minutes to do it themselves.
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: BREADBOARD MAXON OD808

MOPO
Hello

No problem for me from now I stop posting breadboards.
I do this in leisure quietly I do not want to have problems with :)

bye