BTDR-3H reverb projects

traktop
There are some great reverb projects on this site, although don´t see any new one lately.
Do you know of any interesting one which made use of the BTDR-3H with adjustable decay time?
Does this brick just cover three old 3 decay time modes, or does it go further?
Does anyone have experience with this kind of brick on something like "chasm reverb" or similar?
Cheers, Gilberto.

Re: BTDR-3H reverb projects

zoof
I built this, which you probably already know about :)
http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.se/2016/04/madbean-ping.html

I kind of like it when its not maxed out.
Can't answer any other questions..

Re: BTDR-3H reverb projects

traktop
Didn´t see it before, thanks.
It has good comments on its post indeed.
I already have a chasm reverb, which I love. A friend of mine asked me to build one for him, and I´m about trying the btdr-3 with a dual pot for the decay and see how it gets along with the chasm feedback loop kind of decay ctrl, but was wondering if someone did something similar before with good results.

Re: BTDR-3H reverb projects

Zanius
I've built a reverberation machine using a 3H and added the extra dual decay pot. Very long decay times indeed and no problems on utilization.
I also tried adding a feedback loop on it but the variable gain of the circuit made it difficult to work with as it wouldn't do anything with low gain but would cause disaster feedback on high gain. :)

KT

Re: BTDR-3H reverb projects

KT
I've found this on my pc. I am not sure where it is coming from and have not tested it. I did something similar though because the dwell on my dba reverb is also not affected by the drive. You have to send the dwell before the overdrive part of the circuit.

Re: BTDR-3H reverb projects

traktop
Zanius wrote
I've built a reverberation machine using a 3H and added the extra dual decay pot. Very long decay times indeed and no problems on utilization.
I also tried adding a feedback loop on it but the variable gain of the circuit made it difficult to work with as it wouldn't do anything with low gain but would cause disaster feedback on high gain. :)
Cool artwork!
Built a rev machine as well, but couldn´t bond with that muddy dry signal for my everyday use, (interesting sounds inside this box though).
What value did you use for the decay pot?

Re: BTDR-3H reverb projects

Zanius
It's an awesome effect but very peculiar, can't use it as a conventional reverb. I used dual B100K for decay and for some reason I think that bigger value will get you more decay and smaller, less. I was very happy with the 100K, it was long enough for me :)