BYOC Overdrive 2

bsas
Hi all,

Just finished this build for BYOC Overdrive 2 with just one mod: MOSFET boost.

For some reason, the pedal is "working" just if the tone knob is all to the right (max treble) and it is SUPER dark, like, if the guitar tone knob is totally off.

I suspect of a bridge or something I missed, but I have no idea where to look for. Can anyone help me please?

Thanks in advance!

PCB

Re: BYOC Overdrive 2

bsas
A guy in BYOC forum ("duhvoodooman") helped me already and found out that I used the wrong caps on the tone circuit. I used 22uf insteaf of 0.22uf (I wasn't able to read the tinny "dot" in the PCB :D).

Now I am waiting for my Tayda order to arrive and see if that just fixes everything. I hope so! :D

Re: BYOC Overdrive 2

Marbles
Glad you got it fixed!

I'm just a beginner, but yeah, if your sound is waay too trebly or waay too low, Cap values would be the first thing to check. I couldn't read yours cause I'm not familiar with them, so I thought the pros would be better answering this. But glad you got it working!

Re: BYOC Overdrive 2

bsas
I knew that :D, and the first thing I did was to double check all capacitors.
But for some "fool blindness" issue I really didn't notice that the PCB prints ".22uF" and not "22uf". That tiny DOT killed me :D

Re: BYOC Overdrive 2

Marbles
Haha, yeah that sucks.