BYOC Tremolo help

alange5
I'm having some difficulty debugging a BYOC/EA Tremolo build.  It was constructed per the layout on this site with no part substitutions.  When the pedal is engaged, the LED priefly pulses, then stays dimly lit.  The signal is distorted with no tremolo.  The volume knob adds lots of output, but the Rate and Depth controls don't seem to change anything other than the character of the distortion.  Here are my voltages (taken with pedal engaged, all knobs fully clockwise):

Q1: D 9.33
      S 5.27
      G 3.14

Q2: C .28
      B .81
      E .24

Q3: D 0
      S 0
      G briefly about 3v when pedal is engaged, then rapidly falls to 0

Q4: C 2.7
      B .58
      E 0

Any ideas????

Re: BYOC Tremolo help

alange5
probed around and found a cold joint.  Now I've got trem, but still lots of distortion.

Re: BYOC Tremolo help

alange5
got it fixed!  one of these days, my brain will sort out the whole 47K-4K7 thing.