Ba282 vs ba283

kirshman
This post was updated on .
Hey guys, building a pedal that calls for ba282.  I'm having a hard time finding them but have some ba283.  Are they swapable?  How similar are they?  Thanks!

Re: Ba282 vs ba283

induction
Looks like they are pretty similar. Since you haven't told us what you're using them for, there's not much else we can say.

Re: Ba282 vs ba283

kirshman
I'm building a king of tone v1 from this site.  They were recommended by several people as a sub for the MA856. So they go in the feedback loop.

Re: Ba282 vs ba283

induction
Ok. They should be fine in this circuit. In fact, for feedback clipping I suspect the difference between them and any other silicon diode would be pretty subtle at most, but I haven't built this circuit, so who knows.