Barber Compact Direct Drive & Gain Changer

Barber Compact Direct Drive & Gain Changer

ichilton
Any chance of some layouts for the schematics Barber provide on their site?

Compact Direct Drive (some differences to the old Direct Drive layout already on):
http://www.barberelectronics.com/Compact_Direct_Drive_service_schematic.pdf

Gain Changer - looks like basically the same layout as above with some value changes:
http://www.barberelectronics.com/Gain_Changer_service_schematic.pdf

Thanks,

Ian

Re: Barber Compact Direct Drive & Gain Changer

johnk
I just drew up a vero for the gain changer. I haven't built it yet so I can't verify it, but i'll probably build it tomorrow.

just built and tested my vero of the gain changer and it worked perfect the first time. (YAY!) what an awesome sounding pedal! my layout is 21 x 16, so even with the two SPDT switches and only 3 pots, it should fit pretty easily in a 1590B. I just need to box it up now.
fortunately, I didn't have any standup resistors but there is one 10K one that occupies only 3 rows. and I had to do a couple of 'tricks' to get it to stay within 21 columns but it was worth it. i'm sure Mark could  make a better (and possibly smaller)  layout but i'm thrilled with how mine came out and sounds

Re: Barber Compact Direct Drive & Gain Changer

johnk
done! I love this pedal!

Re: Barber Compact Direct Drive & Gain Changer

GoranP

John, that's great and tidy as usual!

Where do you get the green vero and especially the tiny switches?

Re: Barber Compact Direct Drive & Gain Changer

johnk
my local place has the green vero and the switches are from smallbear.

Re: Barber Compact Direct Drive & Gain Changer

toddvirgil
Awesome! Would love to build this one, can you post your layout?

Re: Barber Compact Direct Drive & Gain Changer

johnk
i'm sure that Mark will post a beeter one soon. every time I post one of my layouts it seems to go either unnoticed, or unappreciated.

Re: Barber Compact Direct Drive & Gain Changer

toddvirgil
Aw. That's a bummer mate. Well, for the record, I would notice and appreciate. Your builds are always so clean and slick, I'm always aspiring for mine to look as nice as yours...

Sent from Mailbox for iPhone

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 7:48 PM, johnk [via Guitar FX Layouts] <[hidden email]> wrote:

i'm sure that Mark will post a beeter one soon. every time I post one of my layouts it seems to go either unnoticed, or unappreciated.

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Barber-Compact-Direct-Drive-Gain-Changer-tp4372p4434.html
To start a new topic under Requests, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Barber Compact Direct Drive & Gain Changer, click here.
NAML

Re: Barber Compact Direct Drive & Gain Changer

johnk
Hi Todd. if you email me directly i'd be happy to email you my vero of it.
BTW, being a bass player, I use all of my pedals mostly with a bass. here's a quick clip of the gain changer with my p bass.
http://soundcloud.com/johnk_10/gainchanger

Re: Barber Compact Direct Drive & Gain Changer

ichilton
Sounds cool - any chance of getting a copy of the layout? :)

Thanks,

Ian

John, did you get my email?

Re: Barber Compact Direct Drive & Gain Changer

johnk
i'll have to check.