Barber LTD ?

burksguitar
I just finished building the LTD SR from the layout here, it's not what I was expecting at all. I have a Direct Drive and it has stayed on my board when a ton of others have come and gone but the LTD just doesn't seem to add anything at all. With the bass pot up it has a lot of added bass but other than that it's really no better than a boost pedal.

I followed the layout to the letter, every value is the same, I used a TL072 chip, the only difference from the layout is I put the trimpots on a small daughter board instead of mounting the knobs external.

It works, not a ton of volume and zero dirt but I don't think anything is wrong with the build it just doesn't really add anything to my sound.

Has anyone compared one from the build here to an original?