Basic Audio Lucky Number

Jaysharpwilliams
Hey there, is it possible to do this one up? BALN.jpg

Re: Basic Audio Lucky Number

fx-fidden
Hi. How much do you know this schematic? Did you listen some demo?
I emulated it, and it sounds very bright. I'd say it need some treble cut somewhere, or at least leave out the 3.9k resistor in the tone to tame a bit more highs.
Perhaps change the tone, I don't like too much that configuration. My personal opinion.

But if you heard this circuit sounds and you like it just like this, then fine.
I build pedals

Re: Basic Audio Lucky Number

Jaysharpwilliams
I heard a few different demos and like the sound. Plus  it's a Basic Audio circuit and John does solid work.

Re: Basic Audio Lucky Number

fx-fidden
This post was updated on .
Here's my layout. now VERIFIED.

Tell me if I forgot something or there's something wrong.
The LED wiring in this pedal is not as we used to do usually. And I wired as we usually do. You can see the 4.7k resistor between the 9v and the LED+. The standard method.

Don't forget to update us about this building, if you're building it soon.  I found some demo of this pedal, and it sounds cool.

(You can jumper the 3.9k if you find it too much bright, or just to try it. Or, maybe, you can add a small cap, 50-100pF, between K9 and M9 to cut some treble.)

Good Luck...y!
I build pedals

Re: Basic Audio Lucky Number

Jaysharpwilliams
Rad! I'll look this over and give it a go when I get some time, maybe later this weekend.

Re: Basic Audio Lucky Number

fx-fidden
Has my layout never been verified, Jaysharpwilliams?
I build pedals

Re: Basic Audio Lucky Number

Jaysharpwilliams
No, I got sidetracked. I'll give it a go soon.

Re: Basic Audio Lucky Number

Sphere80
Built and working. Thank you for your layouts, Elijah.

It's a drive/fuzz mix sound that can be adjusted from a nearly clean boost to heavy rock distortion.
The bass cut is very effective, though the tone control is subtle. The designer describes it as more of a presence control.
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/lucky-number-by-basic-audio.1154318/

Elijah, does your emulation show what the tone control is doing?

Re: Basic Audio Lucky Number

fx-fidden
Thank you!
I updated the layout.